Thursday, July 7, 2011

8 Weeks Today

Yes, as of today we have been waiting 8 weeks for EP approval. This is our agency's maximum estimate of how long it should take to receive EP approval and passport. The house is now unpacked and almost everything is in its place, just some finishing touches left to do. But I am just ready for my phone to ring. I have been praying we receive EP approval soon and would ask for your prayers as well.

I am trying not to feel anxious about it, but I just want to go get our little boy. The thing is, we still aren't completely ready, I still have some final purchases to make of things we need and I need to finish his room. But I don't even care, which is quite a departure from my usual perfectionism. I am learning to let go and realizing it really will be okay if everything isn't perfect. I know we will make lots of mistakes and we have much to learn about parenting. I am just ready to get started. I want to meet Joshua and start our lives together.

I am also a little worried about our transition and how it will go. Joshua is losing everything he has ever known: his country, his language, and the family who has loved and cared for him since he got out of the NICU. And this is on top of already losing his birth family. When I know a difficult time is coming, I like to face it head on and begin dealing with it as soon as possible. Not that his grief will be a one-time occurrence, most likely it is something we will be helping our son cope with throughout his life as he processes all his losses, but the initial transition period of getting to know each other and bonding as we become a family may be especially difficult. I am just ready to get it started.

Hoping my phone rings very soon with good news!

8 comments:

Christy said...

I am sure you are so ready to get the attachment process started! Praying for Joshua in his upcoming transition and for the 3 of you as you become a family. Can't wait to meet Joshua and see you. Hugs!

Kortney said...

I'm praying your phone rings quickly, too! I can relate to the anxious feelings, but I know that you guys will trust in God and do a great job!

Lisa said...

Praying with you that you will be traveling soooooooon!!!!!!

Grace said...

this part of the wait just plain STINKS!!! so close and yet still so far...hang in there, friend, you'll get that good news soon enough (i hope!!!)

Stacey said...

I hope so too, my friend. Cannot imagine this wait, but I'm praying the Lord will give you peace during this time. Also praying for the transition time. I just can't wait for him to be home, feeling the love (in person) of his amazing parents every single minute. Thinking of you!

Alicia said...

Becky, I will be praying for you all. I hope that the phone rings soon too. How exciting!

Its true that Joshua may be losing things that seem so important to our flesh. He is however gaing so much more. Loving parents who love the Lord. Parents who will train him up in the love and admonition of the Lord. He will be thankful for that. God is good!

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Praying the phone rings soon too! I can't wait to see pics of Joshua in your arms!