Whether to visit with Joshua's foster family was a difficult decision. Many kids from Korea seem to enjoy looking at pictures of their foster family, but Joshua completely shutdown after coming home and did not want to look at them. He went through a period around 16 months home where he would finally look at their pictures and even hung them on the refrigerator, but that didn't last long. When I would ask Joshua if he wanted to visit them, he would tell me no. We have been praying about this and asking others to pray. We have seen God move in answer to prayer. Joshua has been talking about going to Korea, even telling his teacher he was going on "two airplanes" when she asked if he was going on an airplane to Korea. And when I asked him who we were going to visit, he told me, "Mrs. Choi" and seemed completely at peace about it.
We have also seen God moving in preparing Joshua's heart for having a brother. Prior to very recently, Joshua would answer no when asked if he wanted a brother. Now whenever we read a story that has a mommy animal and two babies, he says, "That's me, that's Jonah, and that's you." :-)
After our meetings, we will sight-see and hopefully have at least one other meeting with Jonah. We go to court on August 28th at 2:30pm (1:30 am Eastern, 10:30 pm AZ time). So pray for us before you go to bed on August 27th!
We would appreciate your prayers so much. We have already seen how God is working in answer to them. Please pray for:
- Safe, smooth travel and for Joshua to do well on the long flights
- Meetings with Jonah and his foster mom go well, able to ask questions and get answers that will help tell his story of his life in Korea
- Meeting with Joshua's foster family go well, no anxiety for Joshua, and for him to be open to them
- Fun time as a family in Korea seeing the sights
- Court appearance go well and that we would be able to satisfactorily answer the judges questions and receive quick approval
- Joshua be well behaved in Court!!!