Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Home Study Interview (and my 100th post!)

Thank you for all the prayers and words of encouragement this morning. We could definitely feel your prayers for us. I think things went really well. This was our joint interview and it lasted for about 3 hours. We covered a wide range of topics: why we want to adopt, infertility history, transracial adoption, what age group and what special needs we are open to, how we met, our marriage relationship, our finances, our neighborhood and community, our religious beliefs, our parenting philosophy, discipline, values we want to teach our child, support systems, our families feelings about us adopting in general and about us adopting transracially specifically, etc.

There wasn't anything she came across as concerned about. And she spoke about "when" we go on the wait list, not "if," so that was a good sign. I was really happy, but mentally exhausted afterward. It also happens to be the first day of my cycle so I think that it part of why I was so tired. In addition, I had been working really hard to complete our transracial, transcultural, and older child parenting plans over these last several nights.

We got home a little after one and I called my boss to see if she really needed me at work because I was so spent. By the time I would have gotten to work we would of had only about an hour to work together before she would have to leave so it made sense for me to just take the rest of the day off. I ate lunch, checked my blog and email, and then took a nap.

The other great news is that we are having our individual interviews and home visit next Wednesday, March 10th at 3 PM!!!

You know what I will be doing this weekend! I know our house doesn't have to be perfect, but 5 loads of unfolded laundry probably won't make the best impression :)

5 comments:

Elaine said...

So glad things went well!! Home studies do often make us nervous at first but you soon learn it is really no big deal!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Wow! That's a lot of information to cover! So glad it went well. I can't wait to hear about the homestudy. :) You are going to fly through that!

Lisa said...

3 hours! Whew, I bet that was emotionally draining!! SO glad to hear it went well! And great that the individual interviews are soon too! Knock those things out and the ball can really get rolling. :)

Alicia said...

I am so glad that every thing went well! I will continue to pray for you guys durring this process. Along with your future child :)

Stacey said...

Great news! I'll be praying about the next interviews. I'm so excited about these next steps for you and John!

Happy 100 posts!!!