Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Worshipful Wednesday #6 - The Lord is my Strength

"The LORD is my strength and my song; 
He has become my salvation. 
He is my God, and I will praise Him, 
my Father's God, and I will exalt Him."
Exodus 15:2

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

"It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect."
2 Samuel 22:33

"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1

As I continue the process of "letting go" (I wrote about it in my last post), these verses have really been speaking to me as I have looked to the Lord for strength. I thank God that He arms me with strength and is my ever-present help in times of trouble. What is so amazing to me is that in Christ, I don't have to rely on my own strength and in fact when I am at my weakest, His power is made perfect.

"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9

One of my most consistent prayers for John and I is in Paul's letter to the Colossians:

"And we pray this in order that you may live worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light." Colossians 1:10-12

I want my life to be worthy of the Lord and pleasing to Him in every way. I want the Lord to be glorified in my life. He will give me the strength to live such a life and enable me to have "great endurance and patience" as I face the trials of this life. He will do the same for you.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I've been missing worshipful Wednesdays!!! I'm glad you posted one today! Great verses!!!