Thursday's u/s went well and so I started stims on Friday - 150 IU of Follistim twice a day. I forgot to ask what my hormone levels were, but I guess they were fine since they didn't say otherwise. I try not to stress too much about the results of my ultrasounds and blood work. I also try not to stress about the protocol my RE has me on. I know that ultimately it is God who is in control of this process, not my doctor. It is the Lord who will determine the outcome.
The first few days of Follistim were pretty rough. I felt really depressed and cried a lot. I was wondering if it was due to the higher dosage of Follistim they are giving me this time around. I don't remember feeling this bad last time. I really didn't have much of a monthly cycle after I got off the BCPs, so maybe my body is just going a little crazy. I started to feel a little better yesterday and then this morning when I got on the scale I had shed a couple pounds of water weight. BCPs make me bloated. So maybe it was the BCPs and my kinda sorta monthly cycle and not the Follistim that have been making me feel so bad. I am hoping they have left my system and I will begin to feel better.
I had another u/s and more BW this morning. I haven't heard the results yet so I don't know if there are any changes in my medications. The u/s tech said she saw about 17 follicles, with the largest one measuring about 9 mm. I think this is slightly better than last time in terms of follicle size. It is going so fast now. I should have my retrieval next week which is really hard to believe.
I do have a few prayer requests:
1) Please pray that I would continue to trust God with the entire process and especially the outcome
2) Freedom from worry and fear, for God's peace throughout this cycle
3) For strengthening and encouragement, as I mentioned I have been feeling really down (which may be due to side effects of the medication)
Up to 25% of cycles are canceled prior to retrieval due to inadequate follicle development or hormonal levels, premature LH surge, or excessive response.
4) Pray that my follicles would reach the necessary level of maturity and that they would do so at an equal rate, and that I would produce adequate hormone levels
5) Pray that I would not have a premature LH surge
6) Pray that I would not have an excessive response - ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
Thank you for praying for me.
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19