Here are the rules:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
Okay so here are 10 honest things about me:
1) When John goes on a trip, I eat liverwurst and crackers, the really processed kind, I think it might be Oscar Meyer. But only when John is gone. I don't know why I do this, it's not like he has banned liverwurst from our house or anything.
2) I think I am thinking about what I do when John is gone because of his recent trip to Peru. Anyway, I am a baby when he is gone. I sleep with my bedroom door locked. The crazy thing is I live on an Air Force base. There are armed guards at the gate. I have a security forces officer living right next door to me. It makes no sense at all.
3) I was born in West Virginia. A small part of me feels like it will always be home even though I haven't lived there in 23 years. This is where my love of bluegrass music comes from.
4) My elementary school in West Virginia use to have a day each year called Round-up Day. We dressed up as cowboys/cowgirls or Native Americans (they said Indians, it was the 80's) and had a square dance. I absolutely loved Round-up Day and to this day I think about square dancing.
5) I asked John to go square dancing with me if I will go ice skating with him. He said yes! I wouldn't go ice skating before because I am a perfectionist who hates to fail at anything. So sometimes I am afraid to even try.
6) I am the oldest of 6 - 3 sisters and 2 brothers. They all live in Melbourne, FL. You might think we live fairly close together since we all live in FL, but they live about 7 1/2 hours without traffic from me, plus another hour lost due to changing over from central time to eastern time.
7) I actually like my real name, Rebecca, much better than Becky, but my whole family calls me Becky so it's just much easier. My middle name is Ann. It sounds much better with Rebecca. When I got married I kept Ann and dropped my maiden name (I have brothers so I figured it shouldn't really matter).
8) I was thinking that the fact that I dropped my maiden name will make it hard for old friends to find me if I ever join Facebook. I'm not really sure if I want old friends to find me.
9) Annie is the first dog I've owned. I never thought I could love a dog as I do her. Sometimes I think about the fact that Annie will not always be with me and I cry.
10) I fidget a lot. I think it is anxiety related. I will play with my rings or some other object without even realizing I am doing it.
And now for my tags. Some of you have some heavy things going on in your life, so please don't feel pressured to do this until you are able.
1. Jackie @ New things each day
2. Niki @ Our Family Journey
3. Elaine @ God's Faithfulness Through Infertility
4. Beth @ Walking the Journey
5. Joia @ Our Daily Post from the Emerald Coast
6. Wendi @ Life in the Polar North Defrosts
7. Nity @ I Believe in Miracles
I love all your blogs! Each of you has been such a great support to me. When I started blogging it was just to keep friends and family informed about what was going on with us as far as our IF treatment. I had no idea I would find myself a part of such a wonderful online support community.