Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finally!

I am finally ready for retrieval! It is scheduled for Friday at 9:45am. When I went in Monday for my u/s, I expected them to call later in the day and say I was ready for retrieval on Wednesday, but unfortunately they said I needed at least one more day. So I went back on Tuesday morning expecting to get a go for Thursday, but again they said no. So I went back today and finally I am ready. My E2 rose from around 2,000 on Tuesday to 2700 today. I have about 12 follicles over 15 mm and several others that are above 13 mm. This is much, much better than last cycle. I take the trigger shot tonight at 11:15 and then go back in the morning for b/w to see if I need to take a second shot. I am so ready to get this show on the road. I am so tired of driving to Gulf Breeze which is about an hour and 15 minute drive each way. And I have been feeling pretty uncomfortable. Did you know that your ovaries can touch each other? I thought I was seeing double for a moment yesterday when I looked at the u/s screen.

Even though I have been frustrated that it is taking so long, I am actually glad that my retrieval is Friday rather than Thursday. If it had been Thursday, guess what my due date would have been if I got pregnant? January 13. The day I miscarried. I'm still not sure what I think about the dates being so close together.

In other news, I have almost gotten everything ready for the movers. I have been sorting, filing, and preparing since Saturday afternoon. I took a break today because I was just so exhausted. All I have left to do is update the inventory of all our stuff, take pictures, and pack the stuff we are taking in our cars. We are taking pictures of things this move as an added precaution.

Also, I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and encouraging comments on my last post. I will post specific prayer requests for this cycle tomorrow.

4 comments:

Niki said...

It's hard when things don't work the way we think they should. Praying for your upcoming retrieval!

Jesus, My Best Friend said...

Praying for u new blogger friend! May God grant you the desires of your heart this very month!

Joia said...

Wow! Great news! Things sound good! Off on the next "flight with the Lord"...

Stacey said...

Praying all goes well on Friday, Becky!