Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Worshipful Wednesday #2

A little over a year ago, I wrote a post about how I was feeling after my miscarriage. I was at a point where I needed to step back from the busyness of life and take time alone with the Lord to heal. At that time I came across a post on Beth's blog which the Lord used to speak to me. She wrote:

Right now God has me tightly in the palm of his hand protecting me and loving me, and asking everyone else, except for the people HE has chosen, to please leave the room so that he can bring the young girl who is “asleep” back to life. I am the young girl asleep right now, and in due time, I will rise with a new and vibrant life, and what a story we will have!”

She wrote this based on the following passage from Luke.

Luke51
When he arrived at the house of Jairus, he did not let anyone go in with him except Peter, John and James, and the child's father and mother. 52Meanwhile, all the people were wailing and mourning for her. "Stop wailing," Jesus said. "She is not dead but asleep."53They laughed at him, knowing that she was dead. 54But he took her by the hand and said, "My child, get up!" 55Her spirit returned, and at once she stood up... ".

A couple of weeks ago, I was listening to praise music while cleaning my house to get ready for company. And in the midst of it, I remembered this post I had written the year before. And I realized that I had indeed been "awakened." As all around the earth is full of the new life spring brings, I have been reminded that I too have risen with "new and vibrant life." Of course, there are and will be times of grief as I remember our baby, but the season of heavy grief has passed. The Healer has set me free.

I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever

Over the mountains and the sea,
Your river runs with love for me,
and I will open up my heart
and let the Healer set me free.
I'm happy to be in the truth,
and I will daily lift my hands:
for I will always sing of when
Your love came down.

I could sing of Your love forever,
I could sing of Your love forever,
I could sing of Your love forever,
I could sing of Your love forever.

Oh, I feel like dancing -
it's foolishness I know;
but, when the world has seen the light,
they will dance with joy,
like we're dancing now.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I was thinking about you last night and thought, hey tomorrow is Wednesday, I hope Becky with keep up with her "Worshipful Wednesdays!!" And you did! Thanks for sharing Becky!