Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Worshipful Wednesday #3

Have you ever thought about how truly amazing prayer is? What an awesome privilege it is to be able to talk (and listen) to the One who created heaven and earth. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Psalm 62:8:

"Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."

God not only allows us to pour out our hearts to Him, but actually invites us to do so. We can take all our fears, concerns, anguish, grief, and even our anger and bitterness to Him in prayer.

"Not so, my Lord," Hannah replied, "I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the Lord. Do not take your servant for a wicked woman; I have been praying here out of my great anguish and grief." 1 Sam 1:15-16

Because of what Jesus has done for us in reconciling us to God, we are able to freely approach Him.

"In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence." Eph 3:12

There was a period of time where I was afraid to ask God for children. I mistakenly thought doing so meant I wasn't surrendered to His will. What was interesting was that it was only after beginning to surrender my desire for children to the Lord that I began to be able to pray about it. I had to be humbled and realize I had no control over this issue. But how freeing it was to bring my desire for children to Him, pouring out my heart to Him in prayer.

So today I praise God for the blessing of prayer and the blessing of being prayed for by others.

Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers and for your mercy and grace to help us in our time of need.

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Heb 4:16

"I call on the LORD in my distress, and He answers me."
Psalm 120:1

4 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for such a spiritual post today...it gave me a lot to think about.

Amy said...

Thanks for the questions on my blog...I went back and added more to Wordless Wednesday. I hope I answered your questions. Thanks for following me along my journey! :)

Hannah said...

It is such an amazing privilege! What a great reminder. I know God hears me, and wow, who am I that he should listen and care?
Hugs!

plavics said...

very interesting blog,nice information.your work is very excellent. Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.