Sunday, September 4, 2011

We are Home!!!

We are home and doing well. Joshua did amazing his first night with us and on the plane ride home. I was actually shocked at how well he did, I never would have imagined it would go so well. Thank you all for your prayers. Last night was a bit rougher, I think it finally hit him that he is no longer with his umma and ahpa (foster mother and father in Korea). He fell asleep around 8pm after we got home, but woke up about an hour and half later crying inconsolable. He cried so hard he threw up all over me. I just rocked him and also cried. I wish I could fix it, but I can't, all I can do is comfort him the best I can. Eventually, he fell back to sleep, but woke up around 2am (gotta love the jet lag!) and decided it was play time. So mommy and Joshua played and cuddled until 4am and then it was daddy's turn. Daddy and Joshua played for a little while and then John put him in the carry and he fell back to sleep around 6am and we all slept until 11am. I think Joshua is definitely handling his grief by wanting to sleep a lot right now. Plus he is sick with a cold. And now mommy and daddy are also sick with colds. Talk about a quick initiation into parenthood!

We are both just enjoying playing and cuddling with Joshua so much. He is a very happy and easy going kid. He loves to smile, giggle, clap his hands, and do manseh (raising your hands over your head, similar to hooray in English). I am seriously blown away that I get to be mom to such an amazing kid. Another family at the guest house nicknamed him "hurricane Joshua" and it is fitting. He is a force of nature. He was playing at the guest house with some of the other kids and hugged/tackled another little boy. He would bat the ball across the floor and take off crawling as fast as he could after it. Then he would put the ball in his mouth and crawl back as fast as he could. I will try to post pictures and write more about him very soon.

We are so very blessed!

4 comments:

Kortney said...

I have been waiting and checking your blog for an update! I'm so happy your flight home went well and you are finally with Joshua in YOUR house and in YOUR arms! Welcome to instant parenthood, Mommy, but I know you wouldn't want it any other way!

Holly said...

I'm so excited for you family...I will be praying that you will all get better soon and transtion well...

Joia said...

Aaahhhh!!! So exciting - he's in your HOME!!! Wow... blown away, cannot stop checking your blog! =)

Niki said...

Goosebumps and tears. YOUR baby boy is HOME!!! Praying for him as he grieves, and for you as you comfort him through it.