Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Jonah RiYoon!

Jonah's 1st birthday was this past Sunday. Joshua and I were in Florida for a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law and to visit my family. It was Joshua's first time meeting his aunts, uncle, and cousins, as well as his first time on an airplane since we brought him home from Korea. He did wonderfully! I think he was actually better behaved than he is at home. He LOVED his cousins.

On Sunday, we went to the beach and wrote a birthday message in the sand for Jonah. I found myself more sad in the weeks and days leading up to his first birthday than on the day itself. My heart was also very heavy thinking about his birth parents. We plan to have a family celebration with Korean food and cake this weekend so that John can celebrate with us.

 


On Monday, we received updated pictures of Jonah with the birthday care package we sent. He is currently just over 20lbs and 29.9 inches. By comparison, Joshua was 30 inches when we brought him home at 16 months, but weighed 30 lbs! It also looks like Jonah is standing independently and most likely has started walking based on the lack of weight gain. Hopefully, I won't get myself in trouble, but here is Jonah's blog debut:




Love his smile and he looks so sweet with the lovey we sent. I am hoping and praying for 1st birthday hanbok pictures and a more substantial update that might give us more insight into his personality. That is one of the hardest things for me, not knowing what my new son is like at all. I want to know what he likes and dislikes, know whether he is outgoing or shy, basically just know who he is. However, I am very grateful for the pictures we have been receiving. We have gotten many more pictures than we got with Joshua, so I am grateful. We have gotten pictures every month since February with the exception of April.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jonah is SO sweet! I am so glad you posted these pictures! His cute little face just warmed my heart.