Thursday, November 20, 2008

IVF Update

This morning was a difficult one as I waited for the call from Dr. K's office. I spent most of the morning reading Psalms and praying to the Lord as I waited to hear how our babies were doing. Praise God, they are doing well. They are all dividing and growing. Four of them are of a high enough quality to produce a pregnancy. Here is what we have so far:

1 2-cell stage, this one has not been graded yet
1 3-cell stage, grading 3+
1 4-cell stage, grading 4
2 5-cell stage, grading 4
Grading is on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the best and anything 3+ or higher being capable of producing a pregnancy.

So things are looking well for transfer tomorrow. The transfer procedure is scheduled for 10:30am. We have to be in Mobile at 9:30am. This procedure is less intensive than retrieval and does not require anesthesia, only Valium. After the procedure I will have a 2-hour recovery period, which will be followed by 3 days of bed rest. I am allowed to get up to use the bathroom and take a shower, but that is it. Tomorrow is also my 34th birthday. I am hoping it will be my best birthday ever.

2 comments:

Madawyh said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you becky (and hubby). I await with much anticipation to find out how many you transfer and how many stick! Sticky Vibes!

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Oh wow, that IS exciting!!! Praying praying praying!!!