Monday, November 17, 2008

Prayer Requests

We have been so blessed by your prayers. If you are able, would you please continue to lift us up in prayer.

Please pray that:

1) God would bless us with a child (and hopefully more children in the future)
2) This cycle would be successful, for those of you who like to get specific when you pray, here are the specifics:
  • Stage 1: Ovarian stimulation, monitoring, and ovulation triggering - this is the current stage until tomorrow when we move to stage 2, please continue to pray for adequate response and hormone levels, no premature LH surge, and no excessive response (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome)
  • Stage 2: Egg retrieval - please pray that the procedure go well, that a sufficient number of mature eggs be retrieved, and that there would be no problems with anesthesia
  • Stage 3: Fertilization - please pray that fertilization would occur and that a sufficient number would begin to divide and develop properly. Ideally, we would have 2 grade 5 (symmetric with no fragmentation) embryos to transfer. We really don't want too many or too few (one can be enough), the Lord knows what number is sufficient and I am trusting Him with this.
  • Stage 4: Embryo transfer - please pray that the procedure go well and that an embryo would implant into my uterus and develop into a healthy girl or boy
3) Please pray that we trust God with the outcome, that we trust in His perfect way and timing
4) That I keep my eyes focused on the Lord, take one day at a time, and allow Him to lead me step by step
5) For freedom from worry and fear, for God's peace throughout the entire process, especially the 2 week waiting period
6) We be reminded of God's presence with us
7) God's will be done in our lives, that He fulfill what He has planned for J and I

I don't know the outcome, it is in God's hands, but I do know these things to be true - God is good; His love for me is unfailing; His plans for me are good, His will is good, pleasing and perfect; He is faithful; He is unchanging; He is gracious; with God nothing is impossible. I use to know that the Bible said these things were true, but now I know personally that these things are true. And, "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

4 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Wow, IVF is such an amazing and intricate process. I had no clue. Praying for you and your hubby, Becky!

PS - I'm going to send you an invite to my blog.

Becky said...

Monika,
Thank you for the invite to your blog. There is definitely quite a bit to IVF, but Dr. K does an excellent job of keeping his patients informed. I'm not sure if IVF is what you and your husband are going to be pursuing, but if it is, don't be alarmed. It may sound cliche, but truly you take one day at a time and with God's help you get through it.

Madawyh said...

Becky - You are in my thoughts and prayers and I look forward to working with you when you enter the next phase of your life - pregnancy, childbirth and the newborn stage! I'm so excited for you - stay calm and be at peace in this all.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Becky, you are so right on. One day at a time -- that's all you can do. It is actually a comfort to me to know that the doctor isn't the one who controls life. He can only give you a shot at it -- God gives it!

Praying for a BFP (big fat positive!!!!!)